Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Burgers... I love them

One of the best things about Paleo is that I can still have my juicy burger when I want.  Paleo calls for lean meat, I agree, it's important, but when life calls for a burger, I go 80/20 grass fed sirloin. Just enough fat to create the juices needed for it not to dry out.  My all time favorite is pretty basic I think.  It's cooked to medium, so it's pretty pink in the middle but not bloody as hell.  Topped with a medium cooked egg, a slice of Tomato, slice of red onion, homemade mayo with Olive Oil and jalapenos.  That's my classy burger and I always order it the same anywhere I go.  I don't think I have to post a recipe for this burger.  It's just salted and peppered, thrown on the grill for like 2 minutes each side.  Laid to rest while I assemble my toppings and that's it.  My mayo is just 2 egg yolks and about 1/2 to 3/4 cups of Olive Oil or you can use Avocado oil and even Grape Seed Oil, 1/2 a lemon, salt and pepper blended in the food processor or blender. So when you cut into this all american beauty, there's no need for any dressing because the yolk and the juice from the burger create the dressing.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment