Thursday, October 3, 2013

Guacamole ole' ole'!


A guacamole doesn't necessarily have to be on a chip to be enjoyed.  I think if you make a darn good Gauc, it can be happy on anything you put it on.  On this one, I made slices of Cucumbers and it was so awesome with that crunch that the cucumber has.  Definite hit I must say to the pallet and crunch factor!  My recipe is
pretty simple actually.  

1 large Avocado or 3 small Haas - Mash with potato masher, fork it, put it in food processor.  Depending      on the consistency you prefer.  I like mine different ways and depends on the mood I'm in.
1/4 cup of diced red onion
1/2 a small Tomato diced
About 5-6 slices of Jalapenos diced - Depends on your heat preference, I usually use bottled sliced  jalapenos cause it keeps in the fridge longer.
Cilantro - I use like lets say 2-3 tbsp.  I just grab a bunch and wash. Haven't really measured.
1-2 Juice of a Lime - Also depends on the size of your lime and how much juice it gives. I love Lime, lemon  etc., I take my Guac extra tart.
 I get really ticked off when you're stuck with one lime and it's a dry one... Grrrrrr!
Salt & pepper.

Once you've decided long and hard on the consistency of your Avocado, creamy, chunky, diced big or pureed, then add your diced Tomatoes, Onions, Cilantro and Jalapenos.. Mix and season to your desire.  If you need more heat, chop up a few more Jalapenos or by all means, use Scotch Bonnet and be a man!  I prefer Scotch Bonnet but I love my family and wouldn't do that to them.  I really do love the flavor of those Bonnets especially on grilled Chicken.

Enjoy your Guac on sliced Cucumbers, maybe and this is more delicious but a bit more time consuming, slices of Plantains pan fried with Coconut Oil and salted.  YUM! That's how I usually roll, but we gotta keep an open mind when dealing with Guac here.  You can also put them on crispy sweet potato chips you've baked.

Hey, if you want the recipe for the plantains or any recipe for that matter that just pops up in your noggen, just send me a message below and request it.  I'll be more than happy to post it for you.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment